Through the CT Digital Library Program (iConn), the library has access to many Gale Gengage Learning databases needed for student research. The PowerSearch function searches 18 databases including Academic OneFile, as well the iConn Custom Newspaper databases, within one search field.
The Mary and James DiMeo Library also subscribes to the following online databases and electronic resources, which can be accessed by students and faculty from any computer with the school login and password:
- ProQuest eLibrary Curriculum includes 2,500 full-text and multimedia sources and access to many current magazines and newspapers and their archives. The link above includes both the ProQuest Learning: Literature and the History Study Center and will allow you to search all three databases at once.
- ProQuest eLibrary Science offers full text, science-specific titles and selected articles from non-science specific publications. More than 400 science publications are represented, including reference books, magazines, journals, transcripts, audio/video, and manipulatives.
- Facts-on-File includes Bloom’s Literary Reference, World News Digest, Issues and Controversies and Today’s Science.
- American National Biography
- Grove/Oxford Music Online
- Grove/Oxford Art Online
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- Sharpe Online Reference which includes encyclopedias such as Colonial America, The Gilded Age, The Jazz Age, Postwar America, American Folklore, American Social Movements and Social Issues in America.
- Salem Literature
- Salem History contains two primary source references: Milestone Documents in American History and Milestone Documents in World History. NOTE: be sure that you are spelling your primary source correctly - the search field is not intuitive, you must spell the entire word correctly for the search field to recognize the request.
Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab