Along with more than thirty girls’ schools nationally, Sacred Heart Academy is a consortium member of the Online School for Girls (OSG), a non-profit institution whose mission is to “provide the best education in a digital environment for girls.” This exciting addition to our academic program enriches learning opportunities for our students. Students now have more than 120 courses from which to choose, including 20 at the AP level.
The benefits are many:
- Expanded course offerings;
- Enhanced global connections through online classroom experiences;
- An enhanced online setting that is especially created for girls and the ways they learn;
- Increased flexibility in scheduling; and
- Preparation for the online educational experiences our students will find in college and beyond
Juniors and seniors have the opportunity to submit a proposal to the Dean of Academics for enrollment in an online course as part of the graduation credits requirement. Courses from the Online School for Girls become part of a student’s transcript but are not included in GPA calculations.
Tuition for these courses is not covered by Sacred Heart Academy. Since we are an affiliate school, our students receive tuition discounts.
The following courses will be offered for credit through the Online School for Girls:
(**) If a student has completed AP Calculus BC, SHA will cover the tuition for this course.
Online School for Girls | Home
Explore an OSG classroom and sample lessons
Dr. Sibani Sengupta
Dean of Academic Affairs